This is a non-exempt position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Provide services at sites assigned by the Counseling and Testing Supervisor.
2. Keep all scheduled appointments.
3. Recruit subjects in collaboration with the host site.
4. Comply with all AACO and FIGHT requirements and protocols for pre and post test counseling, the oral swab quick test and appropriate referrals for follow-up should an individual test positive.
5. Accurately complete all paperwork in a timely fashion.
6. Do community HIV/AIDS presentations as needed.
This position requires that the person complete the Counseling and Testing course provided by AACO or TPAC.
The Counselor/Tester is responsible to keep all records of sites visited, tests administered, positive and negative results.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
1. Have knowledge of and experience in working in HIV/AIDS as either prevention counselor or counselor/tester.
2. Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
3. High School diploma or equivalent.
Hours of Work
The full time Counselor/Tester will work 40 hours per week. Part time Counselor/Testers will work no more than 29 hours per week.
The Counselor/Tester reports to the Supervisor of Counseling and Testing.
The Counselor/Tester has no supervisory responsibilities.
Terry Trudeau, HR Director
1233 Locust St.
Philadelphia, Pa 19107
215-985-4448 x 104