June 24th, 2009
Job Title: #0007 – Transit Police Officer
Type of Assignment: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: 6/14/2009
End Date: 7/13/2009
Degree Required: None
SEPTA is recruiting for Transit Police Officers who will be responsible for ensuring the safety of the Transit Authority’s passengers, personnel and property, and shall enforce local, state and federal laws on and around the transit system. To be considered you must:
* Be at least 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen.
* Possess a high school disploma or GED, and a valid driver’s license.
* Successfully complete a pre-employment written examination, projected for early fall, 2009.
* Successfully complete the SEPTA Police Department’s physical fitness standards* which include:
* 1.5 mile Running test.
* Turnstile jump (42 inches high)
* Fence climb (6 foot chain link fence)
* Dummy drag (170 pound dummy, 100 feet in 45 seconds or less)
* Grip strength test (trigger pull; 21 times in 60 seconds or less)
* Must also pass Pennsylvania State (MPOETC) physical fitness requirements.
* Some of these tests may be challenging. SEPTA urges interested individuals to start improving their fitness levels now!
* Undergo an extensive criminal background investigation, as well as psychololgical and polygraph examinations.
*Pass a thorough medical examination, inclduing a substance abuse screening.
The SEPTA Police Department offers a benefits package, and a starting salary of $32,624 (you’ll reach top rate of $46,831 after 4 years.) Successful candidates will attend an accredited municipal police officer’s training course (PA act 120) immediately upon hire.
The deadline to apply is July 13, 2009.
May 14th, 2009
This is a non-exempt position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Provide services at sites assigned by the Counseling and Testing Supervisor.
2. Keep all scheduled appointments.
3. Recruit subjects in collaboration with the host site.
4. Comply with all AACO and FIGHT requirements and protocols for pre and post test counseling, the oral swab quick test and appropriate referrals for follow-up should an individual test positive.
5. Accurately complete all paperwork in a timely fashion.
6. Do community HIV/AIDS presentations as needed.
This position requires that the person complete the Counseling and Testing course provided by AACO or TPAC.
The Counselor/Tester is responsible to keep all records of sites visited, tests administered, positive and negative results.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
1. Have knowledge of and experience in working in HIV/AIDS as either prevention counselor or counselor/tester.
2. Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
3. High School diploma or equivalent.
Hours of Work
The full time Counselor/Tester will work 40 hours per week. Part time Counselor/Testers will work no more than 29 hours per week.
The Counselor/Tester reports to the Supervisor of Counseling and Testing.
The Counselor/Tester has no supervisory responsibilities.
Terry Trudeau, HR Director
1233 Locust St.
Philadelphia, Pa 19107
215-985-4448 x 104
May 13th, 2009
Below is an opportunity for folks interested in learning some extra dollars on Election Day, May 19th! As you may know, I am a member of Liberty City Democratic Club, Philadelphia’s LGBT Democratic Club. Our goal this is year is to elect folks who have been endorsed by our club and who we believe represent the best chance for fairness across the board for our communities and our allies. This is a especially a great opportunity for some energetic young folks.
Topping our list of endorsed candidates is Seth Williams for District Attorney and Alan Butkovitz for City Controller. Of course we have endorsed Judge Dan Anders, Pennsylvania first openly Gay judge! for a complete list of all of our endorsed candidates please us on web at www.libertycity.org.
Please forward this email to folks you know, who want to earn some extra dollars. Please respond to Adahbush@gmail.com. THANKS!
People needed on May 19th, Election Day, to Get-Out-the-Vote for LGBT & LGBT-friendly candidates in Philadelphia. Hand out flyers to people as they go in to vote at election polling places in Philadelphia. Help bring a new direction to the Philadelphia political scene. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org – with your cell# phone, and preferred time slot. Thank you for your interest, and support!
GOTV Worker will perform include the following:
Participate as a member of a team with a common goal
Hand out flyers outside polling places, and for the 3 PM to 8 PM shift to distribute literature at area homes before handing out flyers at polling places.
Participate in training at the start of their shift
Perform other tasks as assigned
No special skills are required, except a desire to work on Election Day, and a passion to support LGBT candidates & LGBT friendly candidates.
Strong communication skills
Able to conduct oneself in professional manner
Enthusiastic, flexible and outgoing
Stipend. $25 for 7 AM to 9 AM; $50 for 3 PM to 8 PM; $75 for both time slots. If desired, worker may contribute stipend back to Liberty City Democratic Club
“You Must Be The Change You Want To See In The World”
Indian Political and Spiritual Leader (1869 – 1948)